IELTS Intensive is a short course offering 40 hours of classroom study, with an optional 20 hours of additional practice material for extended classroom use or homework. It is designed to strike a balance between test training and practice in all four skills areas.
IELTS Intensive is aimed at students who require an IELTS band score of 5.5 - 6.5, who are close to achieving this level of academic language proficiency, but who need to improve their IELTS performance.
[show more]• It is a genuinely short course which means teachers do not have to use content selectively.
• The focus on evaluating models and analysing test prompts helps students engage confidently with test tasks.
• Additional test practice material after every two units reviews task types presented in the preceding units in a format that closely reflects the test.
• Two audio CDs, full audio transcripts and an answer key with full sample answers are included in the back of the book.
Additional Features Include:
• Get to know IELTS: An introductory quiz familiarises students with the IELTS test.
• Target time and Target score: Because students often find it challenging to complete Reading questions in the time given, questions are accompanied by a target time to help students maintain an adequate speed.
• You're the examiner: Students use this feature to analyse tasks in depth and assess sample answers.
• Boost your band score: Tips suggest how students can gain higher band scores.
• Writing task bank: Includes an extensive section of additional Writing tasks for extra practice.
Look inside with some sample pages (.pdf):
Test File 3
Writing Task Bank