Speaking Games is a photocopiable resource book of 50 original speaking activities that provide effective practice of a wide range of communication skills and functions. Pairwork, groupwork and whole class games not only liven up the classroom, but also motivate learners to use language in authentic interaction when planning for, playing and evaluating performance during the games.
• covers a specific range of functional language, vocabulary and grammar to e....
[show more]nsure compatibility with any syllabus, including CEFR 'can do' statements
• is easy to photocopy, use, and adapt to a variety of levels and contexts
• includes a 'Rules of the Game' handout to be used by the learners in an authentic reading task
Speaking Games is divided into four sections:
• Board Games - each game includes an easily photocopiable game board for use in pair or small group activities
• Card Games - each game includes photocopiable cards for pair, group or mingle activities
• Secrets and Lies - each game involves either guessing secret information or using language creatively to deceive classmates
• Quizzes, Puzzles and Challenges - including quiz show formats, problemsolving games, enjoyable brainteasers and discussion games