It's work experience week for Lucy Gardner and her classmates, but Lucy isn't happy - she has to work in a dusty old bookshop that nobody ever goes into. And worse, the owner of the shop is a very grumpy old lady. But when Lucy discovers an old diary one day in the shop, things start to get interesting. Many years ago, the person who wrote the diary hid something very valuable . But what was it, and where is it hidden? It's a mystery - a mystery that Lucy is determined to solve.
[show more]kturen Features:
• An exciting series of original fiction for learners of English from grade 5 onwards.
• Accessible and engaging, with carefully graded language to suit different age groups and levels of competence in line with the curricular.
• Structured comprehension, vocabulary and listening activities.
• More difficult or uncommon words appear in an English-German glossary.
• A stimulating variety of settings and storylines.
• Audio CD with the complete text as well as specially chosen extracts for comprehension exercises.