This is an exciting guide to writing stories, based on the basic assumption that storytelling is a fundamental need for all people of every age and in every society and that, as stories are mostly communicated by words, then story-making and sharing should be a fundamental part of all language learning experience.
Writing Stories is a resource book for teachers working with both teenagers and learners of lower intermediate language level upwards.
Writing Stories includes short acti....
[show more]vities which help the students develop their story writing skills.
Writing Stories presents the following sections:
• Introduction - including reference to the underlying themes and structures necessary in developing the craft of storytelling;
• Warmers - containing very short activities to lead students into story writing lessons;
• Focus Activities - including short activities which help the students to develop their awareness of and skill in handling different aspects of story writing;
• Lesson Plans - offering a number of complete worked-through lesson plans designed to take the learners from the 'seed' to the completed story, including photocopiable materials;
• Appendices - including notes for the teacher on evaluating written stories and giving feedback, photocopiable handouts for the students and suggested 'seeds' as starting points for stories.
All activities can be used with both teenagers and learners of lower intermediate language level upwards.