Retains all the best features of the original with more concise grammar presentation & speaking activities
Framework is a fresh, innovative and comprehensive course for young adults and adults learning English at school or in private language classes. Its easy-to-use methodology is based on engaging topics with a modern perspective, an inductive approach to grammar, constant re-cycling of vocabulary, thorough coverage of pronunciation, and a carefully structured writing syllabus. It promo....
[show more]tes oral communication with a 'real English' focus through personalisation and discussion.
Framework has been independently assessed and benchmarked to the Common European Framework by specialists at the Testing and Evaluation Research Unit of the University of Reading. This provides an added guarantee that users will achieve a given level of linguistic competence by the end of the course.
Framework has been tested by hundreds of teachers and students in different situations, and it incorporates the latest teaching and learning techniques which really work in the classroom.
Appealing topics and authentic communicative tasks which reflect real-world situations.
High frequency vocabulary and expressions exemplified by 'The Real Thing' feature.
Inductive approach to grammar with meaningful practice of new and recycled structures.
Integrated 'World English' DVD showing real people's lives and providing stimulating cross-cultural comparison.
Emphasis on learner autonomy throughout all levels, as well as a CD-Rom featuring interactive skills work, self-assessment progress tests and monolingual dictionary.
Teacher's pack consists of Teacher's Book, Class Audio CD (3) and Resource Book.
• Core units with mixed skills work
• Takeaway English' sections
• 'The Real Thing' sections
• Listening Material
• 'World English' DVD sections
• 'Flashback' review units
• Grammar reference with activities
• Vocabulary reference
• Audio/DVD transcripts
• Guided writing sections
• Reading texts
• 'How to....' learning strategy sections
• Common European Framework 'Language Passport' sections
• Workbook Audio CD - Listening material
• Contains all Workbook audio
• Over 110,000 references
• 105,000 examples
• 2,800 usage notes
• Extensive coverage of American English
• Self-check mixed skills activities for reinforcement and extension
• 12 self-evaluation unit tests
• Step-by-step instructions and answer key
• Mixed-ability suggestions
• 'Making the most of it' and 'Alternatively' sections
• Common mistakes guide
• Audio and video transcripts
• Resource sheets with notes and answers
• Pronunciation worksheets with notes and answers
• Photocopiable exams with answers
• All Student's Book material
• Pronunciation worksheets
• Duration (3 CDs) 220 minutes
DVD: (Free on request with Teacher's Book)
• Video activities for home and class work
• Class exercises are integrated in the 'World English' sections of the Student's Book
• Each on-screen activity has 2 levels of difficulty
The DVDs can be used with both the original edition and the new edition.