Going for CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) is designed for young teenagers at elementary level (CEFR A1-A2).
Going for CLIL can be used in the language classroom as a supplement to a coursebook of the same level, or at suitable moments in the academic subject classroom.
Offering a selection of cross-curricular texts and activities, Going for CLIL is divided into three graded sections (A1, A1-A2, A2).
Each section presents a wide choice of texts taken from three academ....
[show more]ic subjects:
Topics have been selected according to the interests of students at this age, and to the syllabus of the academic subjects for the corresponding years. Students are therefore motivated by the possibility of using their English outside of the language classroom, in other disciplinary contexts.
Consequently, they will not only gain knowledge of specific lexis, but they will also acquire confidence and key study-skills to approach future academic studies in English.
• 18 full-colour units, each dealing with one topic of the content subjects: Geography, History, Science
• Clear and simple language, supported by illustrations, photographs, graphs etc.
• Activities including extensive comprehension work to aid understanding, and to explore the topic in more detail
• Numerous Internet Projects to encourage students to explore the topics further
• Glossary section to explain the meaning of difficult words
• Audio CD with the recording of the texts and some additional listening activities
• Downloadable answer key from the Black Cat website