Rudyard Kipling surprises us again with these five tales from the animal kingdom. Have you ever wondered why elephants have such long noses and why leopards have spots? Do you know why kangaroos hop around Australia? Find out how a clever young sailor tricked a whale and meet many other unforgettable characters.
The GREEN APPLE series is composed of illustrated graded readers. The readers are graded into three levels - Starter, Step 1 and Step 2 - according to structural and lexical crite....
[show more]ria, as well as by choice of subject matter.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and sociocultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, often illustrated
• exit tests (usually in Cambridge ESOL exam format)
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'