Two greedy businessmen want to destroy a beautiful wildlife reserve in New Orleans, where Andy and Brian have summer jobs, and they plan to build a huge shopping center. Mysterious and terrible deaths, and an ecological disaster shock the people of New Orleans. Andy, Brian and Megan decide to solve this bizarre mystery, but can they find the important document that will save the wildlife reserve and its animals? Suspense and danger run high as time runs out... Set in one of America's most unique....
[show more] cities, this is a baffling mystery solved by three young detectives, with an unexpected final twist.
The READING & TRAINING series is composed of illustrated graded readers, aimed at teenagers and adults. The readers are graded into six levels - from elementary/pre-lower intermediate to post-intermediate - according to internationally recognised criteria for structural grading.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and sociocultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, with phonetic transcription of more unusual words
• exit tests
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'.
Audio CD/CD-ROM Features:
• a full recording of the text playable on any CD player.
• variety of graded activities to help develop ability in all four skills
• in-depth work on selected topics related to the story with a special emphasis on lexis development
• practice in either British or American pronunciation and spelling
• easy to understand instructions so that the activities can be done either in class or individually at home
• comprehensive help section offering more information about the content and a complete list of the vocabulary used
• compatible with both PC and Macintosh systems