What happens when a professor finds an object on the beach? Why does an antiques dealer go to Germany to look for hidden treasure? Who is the man in the library? In this collection of ghost stories you can find the answers to these and other questions. But will the answers terrify or surprise you?
The READING & TRAINING series is composed of illustrated graded readers, aimed at teenagers and adults. The readers are graded into six levels - from elementary/pre-lower intermediate to post-in....
[show more]termediate - according to internationally recognised criteria for structural grading.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and sociocultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, with phonetic transcription of more unusual words
• exit tests
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'.