Exchange rates for the currency converter are provided by http://www.floatrates.com and are updated daily at 2:15AM UK Local Time. Currency conversion is provided for information purposes only. CIBC is not responsible for any variation in exchange rates provided by the currency converter with those provided elsewhere.
Legends say that, in ancient times, a boy called Arthur pulled a sword from a stone and became the new king of Britain. With the help of the magician, Merlin and the famous Knights of the Round Table he protected his people and had many adventures. His castle of Camelot was a place full of magic but also danger and sadness.
The GREEN APPLE series is composed of illustrated graded readers. The readers are graded into three levels - Starter, Step 1 and Step 2 - according to structural and l.... [show more]exical criteria, as well as by choice of subject matter.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and sociocultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, often illustrated
• exit tests (usually in Cambridge ESOL exam format)
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'
Reading develops LIFE SKILLS: the emotional, social and cognitive skills that help you meet the challenges of everyday life successfully.
• A NEW SERIES of graded readers that, through the study of foreign language, stimulates personal reflection by drawing on the Values evoked in literature.
• A NEW APPROACH to reading in line with the latest educational trends. The story unfolds uninterrupted. At the end of the text, Think invites students to reflect on the messages and values found in the story. Further analysis and exercises at the end enhance language learning.
• A NEW GOAL to put the reader at the centre, and use reading as an instrument to become "a better person", reflecting on the values transmitted by the story while learning English. At the end: a Mind Map helping the reader compare their own experiences with the values presented in the text.