Level: B1 / Intermediate
This is a new and lively course for teenagers. It aims to build up their general English skills while gently easing them into more tailored PET and FCE exam practice. The clear yet integrated approach develops reading, writing, listening and speaking skills whilst there is systematic build-up of topic-based lexis and lexico-grammar.
The topic-based units cover general topics common to international exams, but these are approached in a way that is appropriate to t....
[show more]he experience and interest of the target age group.
Key features of the series
• Challenging enough for stronger students, yet enables weaker students to progress with confidence
• Writing banks, speaking files, 'words to know' sections and grammar sections provide invaluable reference tools
• Macmillan Practice Online web-based activities provide reinforcement of the language taught in each of the units and are accessible with a special code at the back of the Student's Book
• Review sections after every unit
• 'Can do' areas in the Workbook for self-evaluation
• Writing files provide detailed and comprehensive guidance
• Cross-curricular element in the Workbook
• Editable tests for schools are available as a separate component
• 12 ten-page units so the course can easily be covered in a school year
• Interactive Whiteboard material complements the course and adds a digital element to classes
Key features of Code Blue
• Lexical and grammatical syllabus based on the Threshold level of the CEF
• Practice in PET- and FCE-type exam tasks
• Short and easily digestible reading texts
• Songs introduce language in an engaging way