University Success is a three-strand developmental course designed for English language learners transitioning to mainstream academic environments. A targeted approach focuses on the unique linguistic needs of students while preparing them to achieve academic autonomy.
University Success integrates a three-part developmental approach. Authentic content woven through all three strands provides intensive skill development and expanded application - essential for students to become confident....
[show more] and successful in a university setting.
• Rigorous academic preparation scaffolded with systematic skill development that English language learners require.
• Authentic content, including full-length lectures and challenging readings expertly created by top professors from Stanford University, provides real-life learning experiences.
• A blended approach combining an online learner lab and print course creates a flexible program that adjusts to the needs of teachers and students.
• Strategies for academic success and soft skills delivered via online videos help students cope with the challenges of academic study and college culture.
• MyEnglishLab includes comprehensive teacher support, including suggestions for flipped classroom ideas, a course planner to help in lesson planning, an assessment package, and an easy-to-use online learning management system offering tools to monitor student progress.
• Continuous in-class and online assessment is built into the course, assessing the ability of studentsto transfer and apply skills to meet rigorous academic challenges.
• Self-assessments, tied to learning outcomes, target students' strengths and weaknesses and serve as a diagnostic for teachers to develop instructional objectives.
• Apply Your Skills in Parts 1 and 2 can be used as Part Achievement Tests.
• Part 3 provides an extended authentic content experience that functions as a summative assessment of learner ability.
• An online summative assessment package with rubrics includes cold readings, lectures, and writing topics for maximum flexibility, ideal as midterm or end-of-term assessments, and diagnostic or placement tests.